Here you can find answers for frequently asked questions asked by our users.
The Bioshake XP/iQ comes with universal spring clamps as standard. In the corners eight spring clamps are inserted for easy fixation of microplates, deep well plates and PCR plates in SBS format 127.7 x 85.5 mm without an attached adapter. The spring clamps lock the micro plate quickly and safely, even at the highest mixing frequencies.Fast mixing processes with frequent plate changes can be performed in the routine as easy and safe.
You need an adapter only for heating processes by using BioShake iQ.
There is potentially heat generation resulting from the shaking itself. This is an important fact for users which are interested in holding the temperature at a steady 25C.
Shaking over long period more than 4 hours results in increasing of temperature at the top.
ca. 3-5 K @ 1000 rpm
ca. 5-8 K @ 3000 rpm
The mounted thermo adapter transfers the temperature directly to the well plate. This is not preventable.
On standard shakers (without heating, without adapters) these effects are minimized.
The Society for Biomolecular Sciences (SBS; www.sbsonline.org/msdc) collaborates with other institutions to develop standards for micro test plates – the objective is to standard the various formats for easier automation.
For use with BioShake the footprint of microplates should meet the following specifications:
- Rectangular plate
- Length = 127.76 mm +/- 0.5 mm
- Width = 85.48 mm +/- 0.5 mm
- The footprint must be continuos and uninterrupted around the base of the plate.
We hereby explain that those corresponds to below designated products in its conception and design as well
as in circulation meets the basic protection requirements relating to electromagnetic compatibility Directive
and the Directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances.
In accordance with relevant EC directives/standards:
- 2014/30/EU – The Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive
- 2011/65/EU – Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive
- DIN EN 61010-1:2011-07
- DIN EN 61010-2-010:2015-05
- DIN EN 61010-2-051:2016-02
- DIN EN 61326-1:2013-07
- DIN EN 61000-3-2:2015-03
- DIN EN 61000-3-3:2014-03
- DIN EN 50581:2013-02
All plate formats that match to the SBS Standard for microplates, for example:
- MTP (up to 1536-Well)
- 96- and 384-well PCR-plates (skirted, semi-skirted, unskirted)
- Deep well plates (up to 384-Well)
- Cell culture plates (6-, 12-, 24-, 48-, 96- and 384-well)
Depending on the type of exchangeable thermoblock being used the BioShake can accommodate the following kind of tubes and sample containers:
- 96 x 0.2 ml tubes
- 40 x 0.5 ml tubes
- 24 x 1.5 ml tubes
- 24 x 2.0 ml tubes
- 30 x 2.0 ml glass vials 12 mm diameter
- 20 x 4.0 ml glass vials 15 mm diameter
- 24 x 1.5 ml Alere ArrayTubes
- 5 x Alere ArrayStrip (5 stripes)
- 1 x Microplate (universal)
- 1x 96, 384 or 1536 micro well plates
- 1x PCR-plate
- 1x Deep well plate