As at: 15.11.2017
QInstruments takes protection of your personal data very seriously. We want to inform you when and what data we collect and how we use them. We have introduced technical and organisational measures which ensure that both our company and external service providers comply with the regulations on data protection.
In the course of updates of our website and the implementation of new technologies to improve our service for you, changes to this Data Protection Declaration may also be necessary. We therefore recommend that you read this Data Protection Declaration again from time to time.
What are personal data?
Personal data are information which can be used to identify personal or factual information about you. Information which cannot be used to identify you (or only with a disproportionate level of effort) is not classed as personal data (e.g. data that has been pseudonymised or anonymised).
QInstruments uses three different types of "cookies" (small files containing configuration information). The first type is used to maintain your session if you change pages, the second to protect the integrity of your session and the third to recognise you in the case of revisits. The first two types are not stored and expire after a maximum time of 120 minutes for registered users or a maximum time of 20 minutes for unregistered visitors, or if you close your browser. The third type is valid for a period of 2 years and is renewed upon each visit. Selected partners may use anonymised cookies although these do not allow the individual user to be identified. You can also use our services without cookies. Most browsers are pre-configured in such a way that they automatically allow cookies. However, you can deactivate cookie storage or set your browser to inform you before cookies are stored. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all our website features if you decline function-related cookies.
What data do we record?
You can use part of our online service without revealing your identity. Your personal data will only ever be recorded for the stipulated purposes and to the extent required to attain these purposes.
- When our website is called up: in the process of retrieving the information requested by you, our servers store data for service delivery or security purposes. These data may enable you to be identified (e.g. IP address, date, time and pages visited). These data are deleted as soon as they are no longer required.
- When you take part in a QInstruments competition: name (form of address, forename(s), surname), date of birth, postal address (street, house number, postcode, town, country), language, telephone number, fax number, website.
- When you register for our e-mail newsletter: if you register for our e-mail newsletter, we will record the data which are required for this purpose or were notified separately by you, e.g. name (form of address, forename(s), surname) and your e-mail address.
- When you log onto the website www.QInstruments.com or www.QInstruments.de to manage the devices from the BioShake product line: your e-mail address (QInstruments ID), password, name (form of address, forename, surname), date of birth, language. After the data have been entered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with an activation link. In order to use supplementary functions (e.g. weather data), you can enter under the item "Addresses" your address data (designation, street, house number, postcode, town, country) and the required time zone, together with your telephone numbers under the item "telephone numbers".
- When you log onto the website www.QInstruments.com or QInstruments.de (or one of your country variants: *.com, *.ch, *.fr, *.at) to manage the QInstruments professional products in the QInstruments Control Centre: e-mail address, password, date of birth and country where the user account was created, as well as voluntary information: form of address, forename, surname, language. When registering a location as compulsory information: designation, company, street, house number, postcode, town, country.
- If you decide to request an e-book or a white paper, we will record the following personal data: name (salutation, forename(s), surname), e-mail address, job title, name of company, industry and country). After the data have been input, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the ordered e-book. By ordering an e-book or a white paper, you also agree to receiving additional information and offers from QInstruments by e-mail.
You can decide yourself whether or not to provide these data. However, without this information we will be unable in these cases to offer the requested service or the service may only be available to a limited extent.
For what purpose does QInstruments use your data?
We use and store your personal data solely to provide the selected e-services. Retrievals of information are evaluated on a pseudonymised basis in order to manage and optimise product and advertising offers on our website. Statistical evaluation of pseudonymised or anonymised datasets is retained and is stored, for example, for system security reasons (to prevent misuse), for improvement of the website and for statistical purposes. Your data are also only processed and used for other purposes if you have expressly consented to this use, e.g. during competitions or when taking part in the QInstruments Bonus and Partner Programme. The following section contains more detailed information on processing, use and transmission of your data.
Processing, use and transmission of personal data
In order to supply our services, personal data must be transmitted to selected external service providers in some business processes. Your personal data will only ever be recorded for the stipulated purposes and to the extent required to attain these purposes. We will not transmit your personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary to execute the contract or you have given your express consent in this respect.
- In a QInstruments competition we will use your data for the purpose of your participation and for prize notification and delivery.
- If you register for our e-mail newsletter, we will use the data which are required for this purpose or were notified separately by you in order to send you our e-mail newsletter at regular intervals.
- In the event of use of the Network Management product area in the QInstruments connectivity center, we shall pass on your user data, utilisation data and, if necessary, data from connected services of third-party suppliers to commissioned partners.
- In the event of use of the WiFi Planner product area in the QInstruments connectivity center, we shall pass on your user data, utilisation data and, if necessary, data from connected services of third-party suppliers to commissioned partners.
- By ordering an e-book or a white paper, you also agree to receiving additional information and offers from QInstruments by e-mail.
In all cases the extent of the transmitted data will be limited to the required minimum in accordance with the provisions of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). Personal data will only be transmitted to state institutions and authorities within the framework of binding national legal regulations or if the data have to be transmitted for the purpose of law enforcement in the event of attacks on our network infrastructure.
Security precautions for protection of data which we store
Any data which we collect is stored on highly secure servers in Germany. Only a few persons with responsibility for technical, commercial or editorial administration are authorised to access these servers. To avoid any loss or misuse of data stored at QInstruments, we take extensive technical and internal security precautions which are reviewed on a regular basis and updated in line with technical advances. However, we wish to point out that the data protection rules and the above-mentioned security measures may be violated by persons or institutions beyond the scope of our responsibility due to the structure of the Internet. In particular, data which are sent unencrypted – including by e-mail – can be read by third parties. We do not have any technical influence on such actions. The user is personally responsible for protecting any data provided against misuse by means of encryption or any other method. Our online service contains links to other websites. We have no influence on whether these providers comply with the data protection regulations.
Your right to information, rectification, blocking and deletion
In accordance with the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), you have the right to information as well as the right to rectification, blocking and deletion of your personal data. If deletion conflicts with any legal, contractual, commercial or fiscal record retention periods or with any other legally binding reasons, the data may be blocked instead of being deleted.
Revocation of consent
Where applicable, you have explicitly given your consent to the following. We would like to point out that you can see these data and revoke your consent at any time, effective immediately and for the future. The following options are available to you in the following cases if you want to revoke your consent for data storage and processing:
- Unsubscribing from the QInstruments e-mail-newsletter or eBook mailing list: you can unsubscribe from our e-mail newsletter at any time by using the related link at the end of the newsletter.
- Deletion of your customer account on the website www.QInstruments.com or www.QInstruments.de: Please send an e-mail to supportQInstrumentscom from your registered e-mail address.
- Deletion of your customer account on the website www.QInstruments.com or QInstruments.com (or one of your country variants: *.com, *.ch, *.fr, *.at): Please send an e-mail to supportQInstrumentscom from your registered e-mail address.
- Deletion of your personal data in connection with the request for an e-book or a white paper: Send an e-mail containing your name, forename and e-mail address to supportQInstrumentscom.
The contents of consent to order support read as follows: "I have read the General Terms and Conditions and the Data Protection Provisions, and agree to be bound by them." The contents of consent to e-mail advertising by newsletter read as follows: "Yes, I would like to register for the free QInstruments newsletter and receive information about new software for my product, access to online seminars, product innovations and exclusive competitions and actions. I can revoke my consent at any time.“
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or suggestions relating to data protection.
Data Protection Officer of QInstruments GmbH
Löbstedter Str. 101
Protection of minors
Persons under the age of 18 years should not transfer any personal data to us without the consent of their parents or guardian. We do not request personal data from children and adolescents. We do not consciously collect these data or transfer them to third parties.
By visiting the website of QInstruments GmbH, data regarding access (date, time, pages viewed) can be saved on the server. These data are not defined as personal data, but are instead made anonymous. They are evaluated solely for statistical purposes.
This website uses Google Analytics, a Web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google“). Google Analytics also uses "cookies" which help to analyse your use of our websites and online services. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of these websites and online services is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. QInstruments uses Google Analytics with the extension "gat._anonymizeIp()“ so that the IP addresses transmitted to Google are first abbreviated and reprocessed on servers in Europe in order to exclude a direct personal reference. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for our company and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Under no circumstances will Google will associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can also prevent the installation of the cookie for Google Analytics by selecting the appropriate setting in your browser software; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use all the functions of this website. Data recording and storage for Google Analytics may be revoked at any time with future effect by means of a browser plug-in from Google.
You can also prevent recording of data by Google Analytics if you do not install a browser plug-in (e.g. if you use a mobile device (e.g. smartphone or tablet) to visit our website). For this purpose, please utilise this link to reject the use of Google Analytics in future. By activating the link, we set in your browser a cookie which tells us not to use Google Analytics for your device. Please note that you must carry out revocation again if you remove the cookies in your browser.
As an AdWords customer, this website also uses Google Conversion Tracking, an analysis service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google“). In this case Google Adwords sets a cookie in your computer ("conversion cookie“) if you access our website via a Google advertisement. These cookies cease to be valid alter 30 days and are not used for the purpose of personal identification. If you visit certain web pages of our company and the cookie has not yet expired, both we and Google can see that someone has clicked on the advertisement and was therefore directed to our website. Every AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot be traced via the websites of AdWords customers. The information obtained with the aid of the conversion cookie is used to produce conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords customers find out about the total number of users who have clicked on their advertisement and were directed to a website marked with a conversion tracking tag. However, these AdWords customers do not receive any information through which they can personally identify users. If you do not want to take part in the tracking process, you can also refuse to accept the necessary setting of a cookie - for example by means of a browser setting which normally deactivates automatic setting of cookies. You can also deactivate cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser in such a way that cookies from the domain "googleadservices.com“ are blocked.
By using this website, you hereby agree to the processing of your personal data recorded by Google in the manner described here and for the above-mentioned purpose. We wish to point out that Google has its own data protection guidelines which are separate from our data protection guidelines. We accept no responsibility or liability for these guidelines and processes. Before using our website, would you please read Google's data protection regulations. You can also prevent recording of the data generated by the cookie and transmitted to Google in connection with your use of the website (including your IP address), and processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
QInstruments expressly warns that inherent security gaps may exist with regard to the transmission of data over the Internet (e.g. by e-mail) and that data cannot be protected with 100% security against unauthorised access.
The use of the service provider's identifying contact data—in particular the telephone/fax numbers and e-mail addresses—for commercial advertising is expressly undesired without prior written authorisation from QInstruments or unless a business relationship is already in existence. QInstruments reserves the right to take legal measures in the case of infringement.